Admission for Ph D Programme at Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar
- November 23, 2018
- Posted By : admin
- 0 Comment
ILS has announced Ph D Programme For M.Sc, M.E/M.Tech, M.Pharma, MVSC Holders. Interested and Eligible candidates can submit their application to ILS official website on or before 24th December 2018.
Programme Name- Ph D Programme
Other Qualification Details:
a. Ph.D. programs in the following research areas: 1) Cancer Biology 2) Infectious Disease Biology 3) Interdisciplinary Areas (Human Genetics, Bioinformatics and Clinical Proteomics)
3The name of the faculties who are interested in taking students through regular Ph.D. program of ILS or through their extra mural projects are listed below under the respective research areas. The applicants are strongly encouraged to visit ILS webpage for detailed information regarding the research activities of the respective faculties.
b. Cancer Biology: Dr. Soumen Chakraborty, Dr. Santosh Chauhan, Dr. Rajeeb Swain and Dr. Mamoni Dash
c. Infectious Disease Biology: Dr. D.V. Singh, Dr. Satish Devadas, Dr. Soma Chattopadhyay, Dr. Dileep Vasudevan, Dr. T.K. Beuria
d. Interdisciplinary Areas: Dr. P.V. Ramchander (Human Genetics),Dr. Anshuman Dixit (Bioinformatics),Dr. Amol Suryawanshi (Clinical Proteomics)
e. Eligibility Criteria:
1. Candidates should have passed their M.Sc./ M.Tech./ M.Pharm./ M.V.Sc. or equivalent qualification in life sciences and allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology, etc.) with minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent grade point). Programming/scripting experience would be a plus for candidates interested in Bioinformatics. Candidates awaiting final results may also apply, however, if shortlisted, they have to produce their final mark sheet on the date of the interview, failing which they will not be interviewed.
2. Candidates should have also qualified in CSIR/UGC-JRF or DBT-JRF or DBT-BINC-JRF or UGCRGNF or ICMR-JRF or DST-INSPIRE or GATE or GPAT. If the original certificate is not available, the candidate has to provide a photocopy of the original admit card and the particular result page highlighting their roll number, along with the application.
3. The candidate should be below 28 years in age, as on 24th December, 2018. An age relaxation of five years in the case of SC/ST/women/PH candidates and three years in the case of OBC candidates will be given (as per Govt. of India rules)
Age: The candidate should be below 28 years
Application Fee: Applicants except SC/ST candidates are required to send a non-refundable D.D. for Rs.500/- in favour of Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar payable at Bhubaneswar.
Address For The Job
Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar-751023
Selection Will be Based either Written Exam/Interview
How to Apply
1. Interested and eligible candidates may fill-up the prescribed application form .
2. Duly filled-up application along with self-attested copies of all relevant certificates and demand draft should be send to the “Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar-751023”.
3. The envelope should be superscribed with “Application for Ph.D. Program in 1) Cancer Biology 2) Infectious Disease Biology or 3) Interdisciplinary Areas”. Candidates must mention clearly ONE of the research areas for which they are applying.
4. Last date of receiving applications: 24th December, 2018.
5. Date of display of short-listed candidates and instructions in the Institute website: 4 th January, 2019.
6. Tentative date of interview: 4th-6th February, 2019.
Last Date– 24/12/2018