Assistant Pharmacist (General Recruitment)
No of Posts : 01
Qualification: Diploma in Pharmacy
Experience: 5 years
Age: Below 35 years
Scale of pay : 11620 -20240 (Pre-revised)
Pharmacist (NCA Notification)
No of Posts : 01
Experience: 5 years
Age: Below 35 years
Scale of pay : 14620-25280 (pre-revised)
Ezhava candidates only
Note-NCA notification: Applications of candidates from the above mentioned caste only will be considered and other castes will be rejected. Individual communications regarding the rejection of their applications for the above reason will not be issued.
• Applications in the prescribed format only will be considered.
• Application fee Rs. 250/- (Rupees two hundred fifty only) for SC/ ST category and Rs. 750/- (Rupees seven hundred and fifty only) for others in the form of Demand Draft drawn from a nationalized bank in favour of Director, Malabar Cancer Centre payable at Thalassery should be submitted in original along with the print out of Online application. Photostat copy of DD will not be accepted and such applications will be rejected, without any intimation. .
• Print out of online application form should be signed by the candidate and submitted to MCC within the stipulated time. Applications without signature of the candidate will be not be considered and rejected.
• Candidates claiming fee concession/exemption, a copy of SC/ST Certificate from the competent authority. If the duly attested copy of certificate is not attached, the application will be rejected for want of sufficient amount of D.D.
If candidates applying for multiple posts separate application fee in the form of Demand draft
should be remitted for each posts.
• Eligible candidates have to appear for a Written Test or Trade Test as per the call letter. The written test will be conducted by LBS Centre for Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram (A Government of Kerala Undertaking) and communications in this regard will be done by LBS Centre for Science and Technology. Applications received in
MCC, within the time limit, shall be forwarded to LBS for verification and conducting written test.
• Candidates will not be permitted to appear for written test without the required documents, as mentioned in the call letter.
• The written test will carry 75 marks.
• The written test will be of 90 minutes duration having 75 objective type questions (OMR valuation) as per the qualification prescribed or the post in the notification.
• Admission to the written test is purely provisional and will not confer any claim unless the conditions in the notifications are satisfied.
• Pass in the written test alone will not be criteria for selection as the qualification prescribed for the post will be scrupulously scrutinized before, during or after the interview. Even if a candidate is permitted to appear for written test and qualified for interview, later found to be not meeting the qualification or criteria mentioned, he or she will not be called for the selection interview.
• Candidates selected in the written test will have to appear before a selection interview board of MCC, along with the call letter of written test.
Process on the day of interview:
• Verification of identity.
• Verification of certificates.
• Collection of cell phones, electronic/ electrical gadgets, etc.
Each candidate shall be called one by one and the same questions shall be asked to assess the subject knowledge. Sub-questions are allowed, if found essential, at the discretion of subject expert or other interview board members.
Scoring of marks-
• Total marks in written test-75
• Total marks in Interview-25
• Attested copies of certificates, proving qualification, experience and age should be submitted along with the application. Applications without certificates will be rejected. Original certificates proving qualification, experience and age should be produced at the time of interview.
• Decision whether to admit the candidate for the interview in case he or she fail to bring any required document rests entirely at the discretion of MCC, depending on the importance of the document.
• As part of Selection interview procedures, all candidates will be made to sit in a separate area once they submit their certificates and documentation for verification. They should hand over the cell phone and other electronic or electrical or similar communication / recording devices including their hand bags to the separate counter before entering waiting room. If any candidate is found to have violated the rule, he or she will be disqualified.
• No accompanying person is allowed to come near the vicinity of the interview hall or waiting room.
• Each candidate will be separately called for the interview and examined in detail.
• After the interview, each candidate can collect his/ her belongings from the counter and should leave the hall immediately.
• Any attempt to disrupt or interfere with the proceeding or any misconduct towards assisting staff or interview board members will disqualify the candidate without further explanation.
• Interview may include questions related to attitude assessment, aptitude assessment, subject assessment, personality assessment, etc. and may include practical assessment depending on the post to which the candidate appears.
• Total marks will be out of 100 (75 marks for written test & 25 marks for Interview)
• If candidate fails to complete the process of interview, he/ she will not be ranked.
• Only those candidates who scores marks above the cut off mark (30 marks out of 100) will be ranked and included in the rank list. For SC/ST candidates the cut off mark will be 25 marks out of 100).
• The LBS written examination marks/rank, scored by the candidates, shall be revealed only after completion of Selection interview (to avoid bias).
• A Rank list shall be prepared after the Selection Interview and will be valid for 3 years. This rank list will be considered for filling future vacancies belonging to the notified categories, based on reservation roster.
• Experience wherever prescribed means experience gained AFTER acquiring the prescribed essential qualification. However age and experience may be relaxed in respect of internal candidates (permanent), if any, by the appointing authority.
• In addition to pay, allowances at State Govt. rates or as decided by the Government, as applicable from time to time, will also be admissible.
• Not more than one application should be submitted by any candidate for a single post.
• Request for change/correction in the Application Form shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
• Candidates are advised to submit their duly filled applications much in advance before the closing date to avoid the possibility of late receipt.
• Late applications will not be considered and MCC will not be responsible for any postal delay or loss in transmission/transit.
• Candidates should retain photocopies of the D.D and application for their own records and reference.
• Any attempt to influence the Selection committee of MCC directly or indirectly will disqualify the candidate. The decision of MCC will be final in this regard.
• A candidate’s admission to the Test/Interview is strictly provisional. The mere fact that the call letter has been issued to the candidate does not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by MCC.
• In case if it is detected at any stage that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and/or that he/she has furnished any incorrect/false information/certificate/documents or has suppressed any material fact(s), his/her candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these shortcomings is/are detected even after appointment, his/her service is liable to be terminated. The decision of MCC will be final in this regard.
• It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that
a) He/she is eligible as per the qualification and experience prescribed for the post.
b) Suppression of facts is highly objectionable and is strongly denounced.
c) He/she is medically fit to take up the job and does not have any major/ incurable illness which can be impediment to the execution of duties and responsibilities of the job. If found not fit he/she may have to appear before a Medical Board, for proving his /her medical fitness.
Last Date to Apply- 22/11/2018.